Monday, August 24, 2009

Kid's Video Sites

Hi everyone, me again!

I've heard many stories from fellow moms about their kids going on YouTube to watch a cartoon and then reading a crude comment or finding out that it's an inappropriate dubbed version. So I went on YouTube looking for how to stop this, but I have found something far better. There are certain websites that have a YouTube-for-kids type of feel, which means no comments and a safe environment. Since no two sites are made equal, my kids and I went through and made our list of the top 5 kids video sites. Here's our ranking:

#5: KidMango
KidMango has a great kid-friendly look to it, but the slow load times and difficult navigation are definitely a downside (even I had trouble
finding my way through the site, much less my kids).



#4: Kideo Player
Kideo Player is much faster to load and simpler to navigate than KidMango. The problem: it is so simplified that it does not give users a choice of which videos to watch. Basically, your only means of navigation is pressing the space bar and praying that you stumble upon the right clip.



#3: ZuiTube
ZuiTube is great in comparison to Kideo Player and Kid Mango and it also has a wide selection of videos that it's available for (up to 14ish). This wide selection is also their biggest downfall. I was a little concerned when I saw Daniel (3) watching Vanessa Ann Hudgens and another guy "get intimate."

#2: TotLol
TotLol is a nice site. It has a great selection of videos and playlists and is easy to navigate. Unfortunately, they recently started charging users. Nevertheless, it would definitely be number 1 is the site below didn't exist...

and finally!


#1: Kideos
Kideos is a great site and my kids are hooked. I was so relieved to see that it didn't have any of the problems that any of the others had and is free. It even had categories separated according to age group (something none of the other sites had). As a result, I list
kideos.com as my favorite kid's video website. Bravo!

-Media Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment